Transacting with Upload Media electronically (including transacting and using your credit card on the Upload Media Portal) is safe and secure. It is much the same as transacting in person face-to-face.
Tips for safe electronic transactions:
- Transact from a secure computer.
- Only transact with Upload Media and Websites you know and trust.
- Never respond to e-mails asking you to "confirm" recent transactions after you transact.
- Always make sure all of your security software (anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, and firewalls) is up-to-date.
- Make sure that you have entered secure pages when filling in your credit card details. Lookout for a small yellow lock commonly seen at the bottom right of your browser and http changes to https.
- Sign out after you have transacted electronically.
Upload Media reserves the right to take whatever action it may deem necessary at any time to preserve the security and reliable operation of its information system. Each Customer undertakes not to do (or permit anything to be done) that may compromise the information system under Upload Media’s control.
Upload Media does not process credit card details or information relating to debit orders. Upload Media uses an independent third party payment system operator (www.mygate.co.za) to process all payments, including credit card transactions and debit orders. All credit card transactions are secured by 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. All debit order authorisations comply with the third party payment system operator’s Debit Order Rules available at mygate.co.za/images/resources/Debit%20Order%20Rules.pdf. Please check the security policy of the payment
system operator that Upload Media uses.
A certification service provider [insert hyperlink] checks, verifies, and certifies Upload Media’s company registration documents and domains to ensure that nobody can impersonate Upload Media to obtain Personal Information.
Upload Media continually reviews, adjusts, and implements security measures in accordance with international standards. The Website is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
Upload Media will never ask you to confirm your username and password or other sensitive information by clicking on any links in an email. Be aware of 'phishing' attacks where criminals attempt to obtain your sensitive information by sending you an email, masquerading as an email from us, asking you to access your account or verify information via links in the email, or diverting you to a fake Upload Media Website. Please report any suspected phishing attacks to us immediately to prevent any harm to you or other users.